Feel the need for speed with this exceptional race car from the swinging sixties. This 1967 Ford GT MK IV is a 1/18 scale diecast model replica. It comes in a yellow color and features openable doors, hood and trunk, pvc tires, detailed engine, interior & chassis. It's a fantastic automobile for any race car collection, and wonderful for ardent Ford aficionados!
- SC422 Shelby - 1967 Ford GT MK IV Hard Top
- 1:18 scale diecast collectible model car
- Mounted on a display platformThis Ford GT Mark IV is a 9.25"L x 3.75"W x 3.25"H
- Openable doors, hood and trunk, PVC tires, detailed engine, interior & chassis
- Individually packed in a window box. Box size: 12.5"L x 5.75"W x 5"H
- SC422 is in YELLOW color with Black stripes
- This 1967 Ford GT MK-IV is manufactured by Shelby Collectibles, Inc.
Henry Ford II wanted the Ford Motor Company to race at Le Mans from the early 1960s. Winning races promoted car sales, as the racing circuit was followed by the younger crowd of car enthusiasts. The GT-40 MK I first raced in May 1964 at Nurburging and onto Le Mans, but the cars retired early due to mechanical problems. After a series of unfavorable results, Carroll Shelby was asked to join the program. As an accomplished race car driver the team manager, Shelby knew how to get results. The Shelby American team made its first entry at the 1965 Daytona 2000, but also had a series of setbacks in 1965. The experience gained from past difficulties enabled the 7.0-liter V-8-powered GT-40 MK II to dominate races in Riverside, Daytona, and Sebring which all lead to the grand finale at the grueling Le Mans 24 hour race in 1966, where the GT-40 swept the podium with a 1-2-3 finish.