Perfect for pupils aged 11], this stage version of Dickens' classic tale uses John Mortimer's much-loved dramatisation first produced by the RSC in 1994.
This educational edition in Methuen Drama's Critical Scripts series has been prepared by national Drama in Secondary English experts Ruth Moore and Paul Bunyan. Building on a decade of highly effective work and publications endorsed by national organisations and supported by teachers and consultants across Britain, each book in the series:
- meets the new requirements at KS3 and GCSE (2010)
- features detailed, structured schemes of work utilising drama approaches to improve literary and
- places pupils' understanding of the learning process at the heart of the activities
- will help pupils to boost English GCSE success and develop high-level skills at KS3
- will save teachers considerable time devising their own resources.
Dickens' tale of cold-hearted Ebenezer Scrooge has delighted generations of readers. This edition of the National Curriculum recommended author's work provides an engaging, active approach to studying the Literary Heritage and developing a range of reading, writing and speaking skills. Combining Mortimer's acclaimed adaptation with expertly written activities, this is the perfect edition for classroom use