An Introduction to Ministry
is a comprehensive and ecumenical introduction to the craft of ministry for ministers, pastors, and priests that make up the mainline denominations in the United States. Ecumenically-focused, It offers a grounded account of ministry, covering areas such as vocation, congregational leadership, and cultivation of skills for an effective ministry.
- Covers the key components of the M.Div. curriculum, offering a map and guide to the central skills and issues in training
- Explores the areas of vocation, skills for ministry, and issues around congregational leadership
- Each topic ends with an annotated bibliography providing an indispensable gateway to further study
- Helps students understand both the distinctive approach of their denomination and the relationship of that approach to other mainline denominations
- Advocates and defends a generous understanding of the Christian tradition in its openness and commitment to broad conversation