"ARTHRITIS what is it?" Represents 5 decades of management and treatment of arthritis with an exciting future. Ralph J. Argen, MD. has forty-five years of clinical experience treating arthritis writes for patients and medical personnel.
- Most writings on arthritis in the past were descriptive analysis of symptoms. From these came the notion of what is frequently described as 25 or as many as 100 kinds of arthritis. "ARTHRITIS what is it?" suggests it may be one form of arthritis with many individual expressions of joint inflammation.
- The cortisone period began modern management and what followed was damage and devastation. It altered treatment of arthritis forever; Argen covers the decades of evolving treatment and injects new ideas about DJD.
- Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis gives no insight regarding the stage and involvement individually and Argen suggests new descriptive staged names as there are in diabetes.
- Rheumatology is now on the cutting edge of medicine with the use of new biological drugs opening new vistas of treatment and understanding of the disease,
- The author of "ARTHRITIS what is it?" covers all phases of arthritis including carpel tunnel and back pain demonstrating almost nothing works for back pain but almost everything works.