Rollover to Zoom
Focused on central nervous system (CNS) drug discovery efforts, this book educates drug researchers about the blood-brain barrier (BBB) so they can affect important improvements in one of the most significant - and most challenging - areas of drug discovery.
- Written by world experts to provide practical solutions to increase brain penetration or minimize CNS side-effects
- Reviews state-of-the-art in silico, in vitro, and in vivo tools to assess brain penetration and advanced CNS drug delivery strategies
- Covers BBB physiology, medicinal chemistry design principles, free drug hypothesis for the BBB, and transport mechanisms including passive diffusion, uptake/efflux transporters, and receptor-mediated processes
- Highlights the advances in modelling BBB pharmacokinetics and dynamics relationships (PK/PD) and physiologically-based pharmacokinetics (PBPK)
- Discusses case studies of successful CNS and non-CNS drugs, lessons learned and paths to the market
|Publication Date||February 9, 2015|