The second edition of Essaying the Past
features a variety of updates and enhancements to further its standing as an indispensible resource to all aspects of researching and writing historical essays.
- Includes expert advice on writing about history, conducting good research, and learning how to think analytically
- Includes a new chapter addressing common situations that represent steps in the transition from a rough first draft to a final version
- Covers important topics such as framing questions, developing a strong introduction and topic sentences, choosing good evidence, and the crucial role of revision
- Includes an annotated case study that takes the reader through one student's process of writing an essay, illustrating how strategies in the text can be successfully implemented
- New edition features updates to cultural references, a newly written preface, and reorganized table of contents