The TM-1 Tension Meter accurately and reliably measures the absolute tension of each of the spokes in a wheel, as well as the relative tension between all the spokes in a wheel. Easy to use and priced affordably, the TM-1 works on nearly any bicycle spoke—no matter what the diameter, material, or shape. The TM-1 is for anyone building or truing wheels, diagnosing wheel problems, or assembling new bikes. It’s a tool that belongs on every workbench.
NOTE: The TM-1 Tension Meter includes a printed table to convert tension reading to kilograms force. Because of new and varied steel bladed aerodynamic spokes, there is a webpage that acts as a chart calculator for steel bladed spokes not on the table. See the TM-1 Tension Meter Bladed Spoke Calculator at our Resource Center.
- Easily measure absolute spoke tension and relative tension between spokes
- Works with nearly any biycle spoke regardless of size
- Ideal for building bikes truing wheels or diagnosing wheel problems
- Extends both spoke and wheel life by ensuring spoke tension harmony
- Uses a printed table to convert tension readings to kg. of force (available at our Resource Center)