The Poly-Zyme supplements are combinations of enzymes having different purposes or methods of use. These products are widely used in Germany. The following information comes mostly from German clinical studies and reports from users
- Poly-Zyme 021 is used for alleviating indigestion, allergies, and inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis, sinusitis, and joint and muscle injuries, and for vein-related conditions, such as hemorrhoids, easy bruising, nosebleeds, and venous insufficiency.
The supplement draws from the following repertoire of enzymes and flavonoids
- the proteolytic enzymes pancreatin, papain, bromelain, trypsin, and chymotrypsin cleave proteins into fragments
- the enzyme lipase cleaves fats
- the enzyme amylase cleaves carbohydrates
- the bioflavonoid rutin, an antioxidant, reduces DNA damage and cancer, and is thought to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- thymus concentrate, from calf thymus, contains a variety of thymic proteins, some of which regulate parts of the immune system.
Caution Individuals taking warfarin coumadin should not use these products without consulting a physician.