Rollover to Zoom 

|Share:

Description

The mortality of any society is judged by what the society does to its children. The menace of child labor is rampantly growing around the world and the morality of the society is at stake. Child labor is alarmingly present with its various worst forms almost in each of the society around the globe with particular focus in developing countries. Pakistan being a developing society has also a stigma of child labor on its forehead. Apart from the street child labor, domestic labor by children is also not un-common. According to (statistics) official figures there are about more than 42 million child laborers in Pakistan between the ages of 5-14. Out of which 3.3 millions are engaged in domestic child labor. Out of these 3.8 millions, a majority of 2.4 million (73%) are boys and the remaining 0.9 million (27%) are girls. Almost more than half of the child workers which approximately states the figures of 1.94 million or 58.6% are working in Punjab. This very research was conducted to find out socioeconomic conditions of domestic child laborers in Bahawalpur Pakistan.
  • ISBN13: 9783847329923
  • Publisher: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing
  • Pubilcation Year: 2011
  • Format: Paperback
  • Pages: 00132
Specifications
FormatPaperback
Publication DateDecember 29, 2011
Pages132
Primary CategoryEducation/General

Socio-Economic Conditions of Domestic Child Laborers

Write a Review

Free Shipping over $35 and Free Returns 

$89.39
$0.47 off if you opt out of free returns