The Northern Lands: Germanic Europe, c.1270-c.1500
explores the unique regional identity that developed in the lands bordering the Baltic and North Seas during Europe's late medieval period.
- Offers an original thematic overview including government, law, language, family relations, urbanization, and economy
- Maintains a comparative perspective
- Includes English translations from key original sources
- Includes illustrations, maps, and original diagrams to enhance readers understanding
- Features a unique map of the Low Countries that includes the entire region and marks the frontiers between areas of Romance and Germanic language